Suit up for the first manned mission to Mars! MARS 2030 is a virtual reality simulation, developed in partnership with NASA, that give players the opportunity to explore the mysterious Red Planet.
MARS 2030 centers on open world exploration. Taking on the role of an astronaut, players traverse Mars and collect geological samples that uncover the planet’s past. Make discoveries across 40 square kilometers of open Martian terrain, accurately-mapped and -modeled using NASA's Mars Reconnaissance Orbiter HiRISE satellite data. Along this journey, players discover a world rich in history that, much like our own planet, once looked very different from what exists today. MARS 2030 can also be experienced in non-VR.
Key features include:
- Geolab workstation equipped with a VR Microscope to study collected samples
- A habitat base, modeled after the design from NASA Langley’s Evolvable Mars Campaign
- Interactive VR music, performed and recorded by the London Symphonic Orchestra
- Ambisonic sound covers audio sources from every direction
- Full support of motion controls to operate equipment and Mars rover, and navigate the terrain
- Custom-built Unreal 4 game engine capable of producing the large scale environment at optimal frame rates
Mars 2030 was developed by FMG Labs, a division of Fusion Media Group.
MARS 2030 will be available to download for $14.99 on PC on July 31, 2017.
Coming soon to PlayStation 4.